Saturday 8 November 2008

12. A Normal Weekend

8/11/08

It's Saturday today, and it's raining outside. So I'm going to treat it as a normal weekend. Then Monday, we come out. I'm assuming that there'll be medical checks and some sort of administration, I guess they will have told the press by then (still no mention on the radio) so Monday will be odd. Then Tuesday, maybe back to work, or maybe they'll feel we need some time with family and friends. I'm guessing Wednesday then. Life returns to normal on Wednesday.

I'm so glad I managed to get my head back yesterday. I've just read back the entries from Tues, Wed and Thurs. I sound like a fruitcake. All that stuff about crushing leaves and sterile supermarkets. This from someone who gets a local delivery of organic vegetables each week and who generally considers leaves an attractive mulch till the spring fires her up for gardening again.

My new plan for making the most of each day is going really well (bear in mind there's only been yesterday and right now so far!) I got loads done yesterday - which makes me feel really good. And B. and I spent yesterday evening (when we'd usually watch a DVD) singing Bob Dylan songs - which we really enjoyed. I'm not sure if the neighbours would have felt the same. I doubt they'd have heard us because we never hear them.

We've only heard one helicopter since Thursday. I assume that the quarantine period for whatever the illness is was only a week, but they rounded it up to 10 days to be absolutely certain. The helicopters were probably checking everyone was sticking to the quarantine rules and now they're just going to fly over once a day to check no one's put out an SOS.
When he wakes up,I'm going to suggest to B. that we open the curtains again, I'm missing the view.

The house is super clean and tidy now - shame about the bin bags.

I'm really looking forward to getting out, but I've decided to make a plan so I make the most of it. Worthy of a new page I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment